There is no restriction which says that a movie can consist only material from one video tape, one folder, etc. Every movie you make can contain material from a combination ofaaa media files. To keep everything ordered well, you can create collection folders in great spiritual movies folder is the same as a normal folder.
The collection folders you create in Windows Vista Movie Maker will be displayed in the left pane by clicking the ‘Show or hide collections’ button.
To create a new collection folder, do the following:
-Right click ‘Imported Media’.
-In the menu which appears click ‘New Collection Folder’.
-Typ the name of the folder.
Import material in Windows Vista Movie Maker
If you want to use something in your movie, you have to import a copy from an existing folder on your hard drive into a collection folder in Movie Maker. You can do this by dragging photos and videos from the Photo Gallery to a collection folder.
Import photos and video from Photo Gallery
– Open togehter with Windows Vista Movie Maker the Windows Photo Gallery.
– Make sure you have opened both these windows next to each other to make dragging files more easy.
– Select the photo(s) and video(s) you need for the video in Photo Gallery and drag them on the collection folder you want to place them in.
Import photos, video and music from folders
– Click on the collection folder in Movie Maker where you want the files in.
– Click on the button ‘Import Media’ on the toolbar.
– Browse to the folder which contains the photos, video and music and click on the file or hold Ctrl down to select multiple files.
– Click on the ‘Import’ button.
Import video from tape and DVD
If you click in the menu on ‘File’ you see the option called ‘Import from digital video camera’.
This option only works if you have a digital video camera connected to the IEEE 1394 port or to a USB 2.0 port of your computer. There has to be a tape in the camera and the camera has to be powered on.
If all this is true then the tool ‘Import Video’ will be opened. Follow the instructions on the screen to import the video from your camera.
If you want to import a video from a DVD, you have to copy the .vob files from the disc to a folder on you hard drive. Then you can often rename the .vob files into .mpg files so you can import the .mpg files in Windows Vista Movie Maker.
Now you have material where you can work with. The video, photo and music files you import in Windows Vista Movie Maker will be displayed a icons which are called ‘Clips’. Each collection folder has its own unique clips collection. To watch the clips you first have to click on the name of the collection in the left pane.